After School Program
Even after school’s out for the day, children need to be engaged in a comfortable, yet stimulating child care environment. Our after-school program allows kindergarten and school-age children to balance learning and fun through a variety of experiences. From homework help to fun physical activities, our program is designed so that everyone goes home happy.
Our areas of focus give your child endless opportunities to learn and grow.
- Being kind and empathetic and playing fairly are all things that make up character—and we feel it’s important to focus on them.
- We’re all part of a community—and pitching in and interacting within that community can make a big difference. Your child will learn the value of community participation by being involved in an inclusive classroom community with a focus on group projects that explore common goals and enhance communication skills.
- At our center, your child will get to express his creativity through movement, dance, drama, music, visual arts, and more! There are no limits to the imagination of a young and active mind, we want to make sure your child has the freedom to explore his creativity in any way that feels natural to him.
- Children learn better when they are focused and able to think before they act. Our curriculum gives your child the chance to build mental flexibility (the ability to handle different situations in different ways) and practice managing his emotions in order to meet challenges and accomplish goals.
Inquiry Based Learning
- STEAM activities (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) give your child the freedom to discover, create, and tinker. Your child will be given problems to solve as well as questions and real-life scenarios to think about, so she can learn more about the world around her!
- We want your child’s inner bookworm to shine through. Whether she naturally gravitates toward reading and writing or she’s just discovering the world of books, we create an environment that fosters a love of literature for children at all levels of literacy.
Other Program Components
- Your child will be given the opportunity to dive even deeper into his interests by designing his own program ideas! He can explore a theme or topic that inspires him by starting a project, founding a classroom club, or taking on additional responsibilities within the program.
- Life is full of choices and allowing your child to choose the activities she loves most keeps her excited to learn. Children have time every day to explore their own interests in areas like Creative Arts, the Library, Math and Construction, Puzzles and Games, and Science.
- Creative Arts:An area where children can express themselves through drama, drawing, painting, poetry, and more.
- Library: A bookworm’s paradise where children can find inspiration and endless adventure.
- Math and Construction:A place where children can solve math problems and puzzles, or build bridges, towers, machines, and more using real-life math concepts.
- Puzzles and Games: An activity area that features group games, challenging brainteasers, and puzzles.
- Science:An area where children can experiment, explore, and discover the secrets of the scientific world.
And there’s more!
- Whether it’s a science project, spelling test, or book report, our teachers are here to support your child in completing homework—which frees up time in the evenings for you to be together as a family.
Daily Fitness and Healthy Snacks
- We help children develop healthy bodies and encourage proper nutrition through daily physical activity and healthy snacks.
Physical Development & Health to include; interaction with environment, walking and running with coordination, fine motor skills, and maintenance of healthy growth.
Social Development to include; following directions, interaction with peers (to include back-and-forth play & sharing), relationship with other children, and responding to others feelings.
Emotional Development to include; feeling secure, identity of self, perseverance & satisfaction with progress, emotional regulation and impulse control.
Language and Literacy Development to include; understanding of directions, expressing needs wants & interests, listening to books and responding appropriately.
Cognitive Development to include; cause and effect, special relationships, imitation, recognition of different amounts of things, and understanding object’s connection to each other.
Routines to include; understanding personal care and sleep routines.
Having Fun! Learning standards are great, but at Little Explorer’s Learning Center all children have fun too!